Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kobukuro - Toki no Ashioto lyrics + translation




Edit: Thanks to Linda for pointing out my mistake. I've already corrected it :) Hope I get it right this time ^^

This
is one of my most favorites of Kobukuro. I just love it :) Please don't forget to credit me (CarepJan) if you take it out. Thank you.

Kobukuro - Toki no Ashioto (Romaji)


Wakare no kisetsu ni yureru hakanaki ichirin ka
Onaji nukumori no kaze wo dare mo ga sagashite aruiteru

Deai wa sora ni nagareru oboro gumo no shita de
Kasanari au tokei no hari no you ni yukkuri to yukkuri to
Mawari hajimeru

Mijikai hari ga kimi nara nagai hari ga boku de
Onaji jikan wo kizami nagara nando mo sure chigai mata deai
Aruku hohaba wa chigatte mo egaku mirai ga onaji nara
Daijoubu mata onaji basho kara hajimerareru kara

"Ganbatta kedo dame datta ne"
"Makechatta kedo kakko yokatta ne"
Ironna tane wo moratta kotoba ga kokoro ni mizu wo yaru

Mijikai haru ni saku yume nagai fuyu wo koete
Kokoro no oku ni atsumeta tane wa donna hikari de sodatsu no darou
Hodou no kage ni saku hana dare to tame ni aru no darou
"Dare no tame demo nai yo" to kagayaku kimi ni terasareteru

Omoi ga kotoba ni kawaru yo kotoba ga hikari wo yonderu
Hikari ga hora kage wo tsukuru kage de hito wa tsuyoku nareru
Tsuyosa ga yasashi sa ni kawaru yasashi sa ga dai wo yonderu
Deai ga michi wo tsukuru kono michi ni mata omoi wo kizamu

Mijikai hari ga tomareba nagai hari mo tomaru
Onaji itami wo wakeaeru koto itsushi ka yorokobi ni kawaru kara
Dare mo ga hitori hitotsu isshun ichibyou ichidokiri makimodosenai toki wo
Tamerawazu ikiteyukeru sonna deai wo sagashiteru
Hitori hitotsu isshun ichibyou ichidokiri
Deaete yokatta

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kobukuro - Toki no Ashioto (translation)
Kobukuro - Footsteps of Time

In the season of farewell, a fraigile flower is trembling
Everyone is looking for the same warmth in the wind

Under this hazy sky, encounters are flowing
Just like the overlaps of a clock's hands, slowly, slowly
Begin to turn around again

If you are the short hand (of a clock), then I'll be the long hand
Because we go through the same time, no matter how many times we passed each other, we'll surely meet again
Even though our paces are different, because we draw the same future,
So it's alright, we can always start at the same place again

"I tried, but it was no good"
"Even though it was no good, we did it well"
The colorful seed of words you gave me, I'll water it in my heart

Dreams blossom in the fleeting spring, please last through the long winter
Deep in my heart, the seed that I got, in what kind of light will it flourish?
Those blossom flowers in the shadow of the sidewalk, for whom do they exist?
"They don't exist for anyone", you said, glowing under their illuminations

Thoughts turn to words, and words call out light
Light makes shadow, and in shadows, people grows stronger
Strength turns to kindness, and kindness calls out encounters
Encounters carve out road, and on this road thoughts are formed again

If the short hand stops, the long hand too, will stop
Because we share our pains, they'll turn to joy before we know it
Everyone has one person, one thing, one instant, one second, one chance
Without hesitation, they live the time that won't turn back; such an encounter is what I'm searching for
Just one person, one thing, one instant, one second, one chance
I'm glad that I met you

-------------------------------------------------------
Kobukuro - Toki no Ashioto (Kanji)

コブクロ - 時の足音


別れの 季節に揺れる 儚き 一輪花
同じ温もりの風を 誰もが探して歩いてる

出逢いは 空に流れる おぼろ雲の下で
重なり合う 時計の針のように ゆっくりと ゆっくりと
回り始める

短い針が君なら 長い針が僕で
同じ時間を刻みながら 何度もすれ違い また出逢い
歩く歩幅は違っても 描く未来が同じなら
大丈夫 また 同じ場所から 始められるから

「頑張ったけど、 だめだったね。」
「負けちゃったけど、 かっこ良かったね。」
色んな種をもらった 言葉が 心に 水をやる

短い春に咲く夢 長い冬を越えて
心の奥に集めた種は どんな 光で育つのだろう?
歩道の影に咲く花 誰の為にあるのだろう?
「誰の為でもないよ。」 と 輝く 君に照らされてる


想いが言葉に変わるよ 言葉が光を呼んでる
光がほら影を作る 影で人は強くなれる
強さが優しさに変わる 優しさが出逢いを呼んでる
出逢いが 道を創る この道に また 想いを刻む

短い針が止まれば 長い針も止まる
同じ痛みを分け合える事 いつしか喜びに変わるから
誰もが 一人 一つ 一瞬 一秒 一度きり 巻き戻せない時 を
躊躇わず 生きてゆける そんな出逢いを 探してる
一人 一つ 一瞬 一秒 一度きり

出逢えて 良かった

7 comments:

Aomari said...

誰もが一人 一つ 一瞬 一秒 一度きり巻き戻せない時を
ためらわず 生きてゆける そんな出会いを 探している

This is how I translated it:

Everyone has one person, one moment, one second, one chance
Live the time that cannot be turned back without hesitation (or "Times that cannot be taken back. Living without hesitation")
Searching for those kinds of meetings

Carep Jan said...

Hi Linda :)

Thanks for your comment ^^

I think you're right. Actually when I first translated it, I was confused about that sentence. But now I think I can understand it :) Thanks to you. I think it the one "Live the time that cannot be turned back without hesitation" is more appropriate.

Since I study Japanese by myself, I really appreciate it when someone corrects my mistake for me :) Thanks you again :)

Aomari said...

You're welcome :) but I'm learning Japanese on my own, too, so I cannot be 100% sure about my translations either. But I also love Kobukuro, so I want to be able to understand the lyrics and have others understand it, too.

Carep Jan said...

I love Kobukuro too :) They are my most favorite artists in Jpop. And I love them because of their deep songs and deep lyrics. They're the reason that I started learning Japanese too. Cause there are so few translations of their songs' lyrics on the web. So I thought I would learn Japanese and translate the songs myself ^^

Plum said...

I just found your blog and thank you, so I know the meaning of this song..I really like this song, but maybe you can translate the other song from kobukuro. ah, how can you learn japanese by yourself? I think I`m interested with japanese too and want to learn. thank you :)

Jayce said...

am i the only one who cried reading whilst reading the translation ? ahahahah

Aomari said...

Hi, I know this comment is directed to Carep Jan (and also a few years old) but I also translate Kobukuro lyrics and was wondering what songs you wanted translations for.